For the LOVE of foils

Hi Everyone,

We've decided to change things up a bit…. our very own fabulous Jo Herbert is taking over the reins for all our Social Media, I'll still be around, so you haven't got rid of me yet LOL !!! But, I just know she's going to do a fantastic job, much better than my time allows. The first and most important change comes via this blog, we will no longer be holding monthly challenges on here, these will be moving over to Facebook.

We already have a fab following on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/WOWembossing/

But did you know we have a Facebook Fan Page? it's interactive and you can post your projects on there and share with all the other WOW! Fans, we're also going to be holding challenges and competitions on there instead of the blog from now on. We hope you can join us on there, but don't worry if you don't do Facebook, we'll post on here and you can send us your links, so you'll still be counted.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/WOWEPFans/

Here's the winner of last month’s Sparkles Challenge.https://538194912998600598.weebly.com/carol-stamps/challenge-easter-inspired Drum roll please…….. Carol you’re the lucky winner of a WOW voucher, please contact me on marion@wowembossingpowder.co.uk to claim your prize and state if you would like it in US $ or UK £.

To kick this month off, we are challenging our design team with the theme "All About WOW! Fab Foils" 

I'm easing you in gently with the simplest technique using Foils.

Double sided tape or in this case double sided sheets. I've used a Stix 2 sheet adhered it to a piece of card stock and using your favourite die, cut it out. I've used Concord and 9th Heartstrings and Hearts and Love Dies.

I also cut out the solid heart from cardstock and using the fabulous Ken Oliver Colour Burst Inks, I blended all over.

As Ken's inks are water reactive, I splattered with water and dabbed with kitchen roll, ensured it was dry before the next step.

Splattered again, this time a little heavier, sprinkled with Opaque Bright White Embossing Powder, the heavier you go with the water, the more separation you'll get when heating the powder, it really gives a great effect.

Adhere the die cut to the heart background and remove the top release sheet.
Place the Fab Foil on top, colour side up and rub all over.
Peel off to reveal the foil covered heart.
I die cut the word love and inked it up and embossed with Silver Embossing Powder, let cool and repeat.

This gives the most beautiful metallic look, if you do it with translucent powders you'll get a lovely enamel look.
Adhere to the heart. I also die cut a frame and adhered it to the card front, then adhered the heart to it with foam pads and finished off by stamping the word 'you' from the Concord & 9th Layers of Love Stamp Set.

I hope you enjoyed this and are looking forward to all the other girls projects.
Have fun
Marion xxx
Here what I've used….




Comments

  1. Great theme, foil is so on trend these days! Congrats to Carol!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations to Carol - love that sparkly Easter egg!
    Sorry to hear that the challenges are moving...I love WOW powders (and a challenge or two!), but don't use Facebook. I will still check back here regularly for inspiration from your awesome DT!
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Helen, you won’t miss out as well still be telling you in here about the challenges and you can enter by sending us your link. Marion xxx

      Delete
  3. This is a beautiful heart and love the colous and the addition of the foil is fabulous Marion. So pleased you are only moving the challenge to facebook as so many people are giving up on blogging which I think js such a shame. Facebook is great for quick sound bites but a blog allows more in depth posting and also gives a chance to look back at past posts and gives more space to view things clearly. I know we all have to adapt to changing times but there is still room for the more traditional blogging too. Sorry, I didn't mean this to be an essay but I do feel quite strongly about this as you can tell...lol. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry, I meant to say congratulations to Carol for winning last month with her beautiful sparkly make. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Pat, thank you. We’re not giving up on the blog. No way, just moving the challenge part of it. That said we will post on here the challenges and you can still enter with a link to your entree. We will still be blogging 5 times a month minimum.. I promise. We’re not giving up on you guys :) :) Marion xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you Marion, I appreciate your reply and will be joining in the challenge when I can, and visiting when you post, you and the team are all very talented and I do love WOW products. x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment