Keep Shining - Art Journal Page

Hi Everyone!

It has been a very long time since I have posted on the blog, but since the offices are closed for the holidays, I had time to photograph a project that I had finished a few days ago :)





I first quickly covered my paper in Liquitex Acrylic Ink in Cerulean Blue and Vivid Lime Green and let it dry completely. You can zap it with your heatgun to speed up the process!


I cut out my own "ray" stencil using a sturdy clear acetate sheet and chose a point for my rays to radiate outwards from. I then sponged Versarmark ink onto my painted surface through my diy stencil and dusted Calypso WOW! Embossing Powder on top and heat set it. I repeated the process for each ray. I love that Calypso is a transluscent embossing powder and it allowed some of the colour and texture of the surface underneath to show through.


I then die cut the word Shine using a Sizzix Bigz die called Vintage Market and heat embossed it with Raspberry Coulis Embossing Powder which is a gorgeously bright colour with flecks of sky blue glitter! I think this is one of current favourites at the moment.


I glued my word onto the point where all the rays converged and added some washi tape (I have too many!) around the edges for added interest. I looked at it and thought that the rays needed some extra oomph so I used my trusty Derwent Charcoal pencil in Dark to add shading and smudged it with my fingers for a softer look.

Thank you for stopping by to take a peek at our blog and make that you click on the subscribe button to the right to see what the rest of the design team is upto!

Hope you all have a wonderful weekend :)

Happy crafting and inky hugs:
Tania xoxo

Comments

  1. beautiful work - love the colours xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks amazing the way you've done this I always love how embossing can add so much depth to a project :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment