Wow! What a Cute Gift!



Recently, I saw the cutest altered mason jars on Pinterest. Someone had glued real doilys on the outside of them. This got me thinking of a way to create something similar, without having the bulk of a real doily.


So, I die cut a doily using my Cheery Lynn Nautical Doily die and adhesive vinyl. I stuck this to my jar, to use as a mask. Next, I took my Versamark pad, and inked over the doily. I sprinkled Wow Opaque Bright White Embossing Powder liberally over this, and heat set it.

Now, there are a couple of things to be aware of when trying this technique...First - the glass will get very hot. So make sure, you have it sitting on a surface - don't try to hold it. Also, areas if the vinyl will curl up. Don't worry, your embossing powder will stay stay exactly where you want it to.

After all of the embossing powder is melted, just peel off the stencil, and decorate with ribbons and flowers.

Comments

Post a Comment