Stenceling thru die templates


Hey everyone! Tina here to share a project with you!
Today’s project is a card using 2 different embossing powders and one stamp set from WOW!
In creating this card, I wanted to show you how you can stencil thru die templates! Spellbinders ™ create die templates designed especially for this technique! You can use any stencil, it will just give you a different look. Check it out and see how much fun it is!
 The flower is a die template. I cut and embossed it using my Grand Calibur ® machine. Then, before removing the paper from the template, I rubbed thru the holes with VersaMark ink. Then, removing the paper, I sprinkled generously with the Earthtone Blueberry powder and heat set! Then, I curled the petals up. The bottom layer of the flower, I dipped the edges all in the ink and then into the Metalic Gold powder and set. Set the center with Want2Scrap pearls and this flower is ready to use!
I used the same technique on the leaves… only after stenciling them and heating the powder, I rubbed them with Ranger Distress ink to give them the color that I wanted.
 I used stamps from my newest WOW stamp set, IS IT A BIRD? This set is just too cute! I used the sentiment on my tag, as well as stamped and embossed the bird and hand cut it out to add to my card.

In creating my design for this card, I used the same paper for my card base as I did for my inside mat… I wanted it to have very little contrast. But I did want some. So, I dipped the edges of the die-cut into the ink and used the Metalic Gold powder again. I love the way it sets apart this die from the background! I did this with all of the die-cuts on this card. It gives it such a finished and elegant feel, don’t you think?

Add some lace and a crochet doily and this card is ready to send!

I hope you have been inspired to try something a bit different! Dig out your stencils… better yet, try stenciling thru your dies! A new world of embossing awaits!

SUPPLIES:
WOW powders and stamps, as stated above
GCD Patterned Paper “Botanicals” collection
Kaiser Craft Doily
Want2Scrap baby bling “LeCreme”
Spellbinders die templates (S5-090 Romantic Rectangles, S5-105 Floral Tags)
Spellbinders Grand Calibur Die Cutting machine
Xyron Adhesives
Ranger distress ink
ClearSnap ink, Versamark ink
Prima Lace

Until Next Time…
Happy Creating!

Comments

  1. Your cards always make me happy Tina. Thanks for sharing today

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the flower and leaves and the detail on them. Great job!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment