Anniversary Card

Hello to all you lovely blog readers, it's Sarah here and I have a foil inspired card to share with you today.

I have been playing with the fabulous range of foils from Wow and have created a card to send to my boyfriend for our anniversary (I hope he doesn't read this post before I send it!) :O



I used a laser printer to print out a damask pattern onto a copper coloured card and then cut a piece of Gold Foil to cover the printed area. I then sandwiched this between two sheets of standard white copier paper and put this through my laminator. The foil adheres to the toner ink and this created a perfect gold damask pattern. Also, the great thing about a damask background pattern is that the left over foil can be used with a full printed toner sheet (I used a scrap piece I had lying around) and this creates a second background pattern design to use on a different project.



To create the embellishments on the card, I added some ribbon, printed out a heart onto white shimmery card and foiled this using the Red foil and then to finish added a tag with sentiment that was heat embossed in apple red.

Shopping List
Red Foil
Gold Foil
Apple Red Heat Embossing Powder

The complete range of colours of Wow foils are fabulous and great for adding some shine to your projects. Check out the full range over at www.wowembossingpowder.co.uk

Comments

  1. What a great demonstration of the foils on laser print - just shows it gives a much sharper finish than on the bonding powder. Great tip for using up the left overs too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fab card! The foil really make a stunning efect on it! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty and another option for using the foils. Excellent idea.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment